ISO 14001 Environmental Management System
» ISO 14001 ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
It is a standard created to reduce the loss of damage to the environment. It is not a product standard. It deals with what is produced, not how it is produced. Each sector is a management system that can be applied to the business and is based on the voluntary principle.
An environmental management system created by organizations for a cleaner and livable environment that can be handed down to future generations is a management system established to regulate environmental processes, procedures, responsibilities, resources, planning activities and organizational structure based on environmental policy, implementing and maintaining this policy. An effective Environmental Management System has a significant positive impact on the image of the company as it reduces environmental liabilities and wastes, increases work efficiency, reduces costs, and so on.
Benefits of Environmental Management System• Complies with national and international legal regulations.
• It makes it easier to obtain permission and authorization documents.
• Gives national and international reputation.
• Costs due to environmental influences are reduced.
• Because of effective use of natural resources, costs are reduced, and productivity is increased.
• Customer confidence is enhanced by giving the customer assurance that they are under an obligation for environmental management.
• Reduces liability incidents, thus financial liability insurance provides the potential to reduce costs.
• Pollution resulting from company activities is controlled starting from the source and pollution is reduced.
• Identification of potential hazard situations leads to a reduction in events resulting in loss as a result of emergency and accident preparedness.
• Workplace quality is thereby increased, and worker morale is increased, and loyalty is increased.
• Thanks to the trainings given to the staff, environmental awareness is increased in the employees.
• It makes it easier to enter markets where green production processes are important.